Sunday, March 20, 2011

Glory Days


England's rugby team lost to Ireland this weekend, thus forfeiting the Six Nations Grand Slam. How appropriate that it should also be on the weekend after St. Patrick's day. I was an unfortunate spectator to this display of great ineptitude by England - the time difference and kind start time meant that I could watch at a rather pleasant 11am - and, although I was mostly just glad to be able to watch some international rugby, it saddened me to see England play so poorly when I can still remember that World Cup and Grand Slam winning team of 2003. It still gives me chills to think of that last-minute drop-kick by Jonny Wilkinson. My current background is (obviously) a tribute to that sweet moment.

You know it's strange, but despite this loss, England are the winners of the 2011 RBS Six Nations trophy - which apparently means nothing if it's not a Grand Slam. Here, with their shining trophy, are Martin Johnson and Lewis Moody looking very...well, moody...

Ah well... I guess you can't have it all...

However, over on this side of the pond, BYU Basketball are very much living their glory days, and loving every minute of it. Proud participants in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen, here is a wonderful tribute to the awesomeness that is BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment